You may have been wondering about the progress of Linfairn Windfarm given that considerable time has passed since the public exhibition was held back in January. At that point we were told final plans would be submitted around March 2013.
The SSfS committee have been trying to contact the developers (Willowind) to pin down more detail regarding progress and timescales. Last week, and thanks to Chic Brodie MSP, who has been liaising closely with SSfS, a meeting was held with Willowind. Our Chairman Bill Steven was allowed to attend with one other committee member.
Below are the key dates which came out of the meeting. These are subject to change however, we wanted to share with you all as soon as possible and prepare everyone for the next steps.
Friday 6th September 2013
As this is a Section 36 (over 50 MW) application, Willowind plan to submit their application to the Energy Consents Unit part of the Scottish Government.
Willowind also plan to give a full copy of their application documents to South Ayrshire Council, SSfS, and Maybole Library.
Saturday 7th September / Sunday 8th September 2013
Willowind to arrange for hand delivered leaflets to all local addresses (and email addresses) outlining the progress they have made over the last few months through ‘listening’ to local concerns and updating their plans accordingly ready for the next steps. Unlike other developers in the area, Willowind do not intend to hold a further public meeting to discuss any changes. However it is understood the 25 turbines still remain.
Tuesday 10th September / Wednesday 11th September
1st round of adverts will be submitted to the Glasgow Herald and Edinburgh Gazette / Ayrshire Post.
Tuesday 17th September / Wednesday 18th September
2nd round of adverts will be submitted to the Edinburgh Gazette / Ayrshire Post.
Monday 21st October
Last date for public objections.
Monday 20th January 2014
Final date for South Ayrshire Council response – note it is very likely this will be delayed.
There is going to be a lot of activity of the next few weeks, and we are all going to have to part to play in this. SSfS cannot do this without your support, so are holding a public meeting on Wednesday 11th September at 7:30 pm in the McCandlish Hall, Straiton. SSfS will take you through the plans for the coming weeks and give you an opportunity to ask any questions and highlight any concerns. If you are from the local area and support our cause, please make every effort to be there.