How can you get involved in our campaign? Here are some suggestions:
- Follow the campaign blog (use the “Follow” button on the top right of the home page). This way you get campaign news automatically by email.
- We have prepared a petition: physical, virtual, or both. Please sign it!
- Write to your MP, MSP, MEP and councillors. Their details are below. Will you be voting SNP if these wind farms continue to be built? If not, the SNP MSPs ought to be interested!
- Donate to the fighting fund. Contact a committee member or use the contact form on the Donate page
- Turn out to our next rally / community action meeting. We will put details up on the Blog, so again, Follow us using the button at the top right of the Home page!
- If you live, or have ever lived, in the parish of Straiton and have ever had a planning application for anything refused, send us the details of the Council / Government ruling – it may help us to mount our defence.
- Write to Michael Matheson MSP (Cabinet Secretary for for Net Zero, Energy and Transport) and Kwasi Kwarteng MP (Secretary of State for the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy). Details are below. If MPs and the Departments get enough letters on the same subject, they have to pay attention to them. Ask for specific questions to be raised in Parliament.
- Write to the local and national papers every time you read an article you
agree or don’t agree with. Keep the issue in the press – it’s wrong for
communities who don’t want them to have wind farms imposed upon them by the Scottish Government and wind farm developers.
Go to the top!
If MPs and the Departments get enough letters on the same subject, they have to pay
attention to them. Ask for specific questions to be raised in Parliament.
Michael Matheson MSP (Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero, Energy, and Transport, Scotland):
Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero, Energy and Transport
St Andrew’s House
Kwasi Kwarteng MP (Secretary of State for the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, UK):
The Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP
Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
House of Commons
Allan Dorans MP (SNP)
House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA
Tel: 020 7219 5965
6 Alloway Place, Ayr KA7 2AA
Tel: 01292 848102
Elena Whitham MSP (SNP)
The Scottish Parliament,
Edinburgh EH99 1SP
Tel: 0131 348 5494
We also have 7 regional list MSPs, for the South Scotland region. Of these seven, Sharon Dowey and Brian Whittle are members of the Cross-Party Group on Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency. Brian is also a member of the Net Zero, Energy and Transport Committee. Colin Smyth is a member of the Cross-Party Group on Rural Policy and the Cross-Party Group on Tourism. Emma Harper is a member of the Cross-Party Group on Rural Policy
Here are email addresses for the 7 list MSPs for South Scotland:
Sharon Dowey (Conservative): Sharon.Dowey.firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma Harper (SNP): Emma.Harper.email@example.com
Craig Hoy (Conservative): Craig.Hoy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Mochan (Scottish Labour): Carol.Mochan.email@example.com
Colin Smyth (Scottish Labour): Colin.Smyth.firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Whitfield (Scottish Labour): Martin.Whitfield.email@example.com
Brian Whittle (Conservative): Brian.Whittle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Tel: 07970 540591
Office Tel: 01292 612274
Mobile Tel: 07794037597
Office Tel: 01292 612479
Home Tel: to be supplied
Office Tel: to be supplied
Crosshill, Straiton & Kirkmichael Community Councillors
Patrick Lorimer (Chair), Kirkmichael. email@example.com
Emily Pike (Vice Chair), Crosshill. firstname.lastname@example.org
John Haston (Secretary), Kirkmichael. email@example.com
Gordon Ferrie, (Treasurer), Straiton. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanette Heggs, Straiton. email@example.com
Bea Holden, Straiton. firstname.lastname@example.org
Steven O’Brien, Crosshill.
Martin Dunlop, Crosshill. email@example.com
Marnie Watson, Kirkmichael. firstname.lastname@example.org