How can you get involved in our campaign? Here are some suggestions:
- Follow the campaign blog (use the “Follow” button on the top right of the home page). This way you get campaign news automatically by email.
- We have prepared a petition: physical, virtual, or both. Please sign it!
- Write to your MSP, MP, MEP and councillors. Their details are below. Will you be voting SNP if these wind farms continue to be built? If not, the SNP MSPs ought to be interested!
- Donate to the fighting fund. Contact a committee member or use the contact form on the Donate page
- Turn out to our next rally / community action meeting. We will put details up on the Blog, so again, Follow us using the button at the top right of the Home page!
- If you live, or have ever lived, in the parish of Straiton and have ever had a planning application for anything refused, send us the details of the Council / Government ruling – it may help us to mount our defence.
- Write to Paul Wheelhouse MSP (Minister for Business, Innovation & Energy, Scotland) and Greg Clark MP (Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, UK). Details are below. If MPs and the Departments get enough letters on the same subject, they have to pay attention to them. Ask for specific questions to be raised in Parliament.
- Write to the local and national papers every time you read an article you
agree or don’t agree with. Keep the issue in the press – it’s wrong for
communities who don’t want them to have wind farms imposed upon them by the Scottish Government and goldrush minded wind farm developers.
Go to the top!
If MPs and the Departments get enough letters on the same subject, they have to pay
attention to them. Ask for specific questions to be raised in Parliament.
Paul Wheelhouse MSP (Minister for Business, Innovation & Energy, Scotland):
Minister for Business, Innovation and Energy
The Scottish Parliament
Greg Clark MP (Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, UK):
The Rt Hon Greg Clark MP
Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
House of Commons
Jeane Freeman MSP (SNP)
The Scottish Parliament,
Edinburgh EH99 1SP
Tel:0131 348 6745
Corri Wilson MP (SNP)
House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA
Fax: 0207 219 8781
Struan Stevenson MEP (Scottish Conservative Party)
European Parliament, Rue Wiertz 60 Brussels B-1047
Tel: 0032 2 2847710 Fax: 0032 2 284 9710
address in Scotland:
Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party
67 Northumberland Street Edinburgh EH3 6JG
Tel: 0131 524 0030
We also have 6 regional list MSPs, for the South Scotland region. Of these six, Paul Wheelhouse has been given the Business, Innovation and Energy portfolio. He was named as ‘Politician of the Year’ by Nature of Scotland in 2015 in recognition of his contribution to the conservation of wildlife and the natural environment.
Paul Wheelhouse MSP (SNP)
T3.03 The Scottish Parliament Edinburgh EH99 1SP
Tel:0131 348 6891 Fax: 0131 348 5978
Here are email addresses for the remaining 5 list MSPs for South Scotland:
Claudia Beamish (Scottish Labour): Claudia.Beamish.firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Hamilton (Conservative): Rachael.Hamilton.email@example.com
Emma Harper (SNP): Emma.Harper.firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan McAlpine (SNP): Joan.McAlpine.email@example.com
Colin Smyth (Labour): Colin.Smyth.firstname.lastname@example.org;
Home Tel: 01655 740447
Office Tel: 01292 612687
Mobile Tel: 07970 540591
Office Tel: 01292 612274
Mobile Tel: 07794037597
Office Tel: 01292 612479
Home Tel: 01292 570054
Office Tel: 01292 612293
Crosshill, Straiton & Kirkmichael Community Councillors
Henry Anderson (chair), Craigard, Straiton. 01655 770242. Henry.Craigard@gmail.com
John Haston (Secretary), 71 Patna Road. Kirkmichael 01655 750447 email@example.com
Campbell Smith (Treasurer), 97 Patna Road, Kirkmichael. 01655 750597 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Arthur, 24 Main Street, Straiton. 01655 770318 email@example.com
Jeanette Heggs, Longcroft, Straiton. 01655 770672 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bea Holden, 18 Main Street, Straiton. 01655 770247 email@example.com
Emily Pike, 67 Dalowen Street, Crosshill. 01655 740449
Patrick Lorimer Patna Road, Kirkmichael. 01655 750447 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane Hepburn, Ladyburn. email@example.com
Susan Sinclair, Crosshill. firstname.lastname@example.org