The Public Local Inquiry (PLI) into Linfairn Wind Farm has been postponed and is now likely be rescheduled for January 2018 at the earliest.
The Applicant has been asked to re-do the work on noise, to ensure the proper background levels are measured and the real impacts on homes can be properly quantified. In February of 2015, SSfS submitted a detailed and considered consultation response to the Applicant’s Addendum. The chapter on noise in that response document detailed our concerns about both the potential for noise nuisance attendant with the Application and the fact that the noise impacts had not been properly measured or reported. If WilloWind, their appointed experts or legal advisors had read our submission, then they would have known for more than two years that this work would be necessary prior to any meaningful examination of the issues at a PLI.
We would, of course, prefer that the PLI be held as soon as possible, but as we said back in 2015, we want the data to be accurate so that the threat of this proposal can be decided on the facts (and hopefully recommended for refusal) and our community can get on with their lives.
In the meantime the Save Straiton committee will be working on our case and those willing to appear as witnesses will be preparing their presentation.
We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.