On behalf of Save Straiton for Scotland and our supporters, I want to thank South Ayrshire Council for their unanimous decision to object to the Linfairn Wind Farm proposal.
The Planning Panel took issue with the Linfairn Wind Farm proposals, based on:
• The overwhelming local opposition to the proposal
• The impact on homes, especially from noise and shadow flicker
• Impact on the landscape of the Girvan Valley
• The unrealistic transport plans, and
• The number of wind farms already sited in South West Scotland
Hearing councillors say: “enough is enough”; “this is the wrong place” and; “common sense says no was music to my ears!
Our representatives showed themselves to have truly listed to and understood the concerns of the community and stood in solidarity with us in opposing the destruction of our landscape.
In listening to – and heeding – the voice of the people South Ayrshire demonstrated democracy in action. Let’s hope the Scottish Government stands ready to do likewise.
Chair, Save Straiton for Scotland